Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wait It's Coming!

    Today is my 19th birthday.  I feel joy and peace in my heart.  I hope for more understanding what God is doing so my eyes will open up more.  I have been praying hard today to get more understanding why God has chosen me to help people.  I know its not because of anything I have done but because of what He has done.  He has put love in my heart.  I love him more than anything in my life. 


     I didn't get like this in one day.  When I was little I even tried crawling.  I could sit up.  I wanted to move more, but my mom told me to get down.  At times my dad would get me to try, but my mom would stop it.  It hurt my heart when I heard her say this to me.
     Then when I went to the institution, they left me in the bed.  They gave me sleep medicine.  Everyday I tried to move some how but many times if they saw me they gave me medicine right away.  Slowly I felt something changing in my body.  I asked for help.  They said there was no help.  I asked how long I would be there and their response was - until I died.
     I just kept thinking I want to do something.  I want to get up.  I could see some children receiving help but they made excuses why I could not go.  My mom and I figured if I went into the institution in 2004 and I was adopted in April of 2013, then I spent 3,285 days becoming twisted inside myself. Not just my body, but my thinking too.  The caregivers had told me no one would love me.  It takes some time to become straight again.
    My mom reads the comments to me that are left here.  It is hard to believe that just saying my story can help but that's what God does.  I have learned that no matter how hard things get I am going to always hope for something good.  I guess I learned how to wait.
     This morning I had a dream that I was back in Ukraine with my new family visting my biological brother.  He said to me, "Thank you for praying for me. Thank you for opening my eyes.  I'm so happy you came to see me."  I thought when I woke, no one asks me to pray for my brother.  God puts him in my heart to pray.  God uses every person. Keep hoping for something good.  It's going to happen if you really believe.



Love is in the Light,

Lucia


From Mom:  We prayed together today for old habits to be broken and new pathways to be forged in your relationships.

14 comments:

  1. Happy "19th" Birthday, Lucia! Your words on this blog have touched me deeply. You are so very beautiful and precious. You are in my prayers, for continued healing of your thoughts and emotions. And, always for healing in your body. Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your words on this post really helped me today. <3 you are very strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday beautiful Lucia. Such a privilege to watch you blossom into the treasure God created you to be. Thank you for sharing, even into the deep places of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy-happy birthday, Lucia! I know and I am grateful that God will give you many more birthdays in your family which loves you to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I love reading your thoughts and it is inspiring to hear your heart and love for God. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, telling your story is helping others for sure. You are truly a light that many people are drawn to. I look forward to getting you know you more! Until now, you were just a photo with comments from your mom....now I get to hear what you have to say! I"m so glad you are blogging, Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, luminous Lucia. You are so full of God's love and light. I love reading your words. You are such a beautiful human being who has survived so much. You are like a phoenix that has risen from the ashes. I'm also 19 and you are such an inspiration to me. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Lucia! Thank you for everything you are and for so bravely and boldly sharing your beautiful thoughts and prayers. I hardly know what to say or how to possibly convey just how amazing I think you are. God has such a special purpose for you and the most beautiful thing is that you are open to it and embracing the good. You are goodness and light in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost never comment on blogs but if you are reading every comment then I have to! My husband and I are so moved by your incredible words. Jesus is shining through you in a beautiful way. There is a Bible verse that says God loves to use the people who the world doesn't care about to do astonishing things for him (1 Corinthians 1:27). I feel like that is who you are and what you are made to do! My husband and I were adopting a little toddler with no hands and no feet and we prayed every day that he would change the world. Sadly, we lost him when he was 11 months old. But we think God can still use his story to change the world. People do not want to think about orphans and orphanages, they want to forget about them. But God will use them to know him in such a beautiful way and to share his light with people. You are incredible, Lucia. Lots of love from Tulsa, Oklahoma <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its so nice to hear about your little boy. I feel sad for your family to lose him. I want to know if I can share his story on my blog. What do you think? Thank you so much.

      Delete
  11. Lucia, I am a few days late, but I want to wish you a happy birthday. I hope you had a good 19th birthday, and pray God blesses you this year more than ever before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You precious young woman! You are the hope I needed to see this morning as I begin my day. Every child, every young person, every adult is worth it!!! We all have value. My prayer for 2017 is that we would realize that all are valued and precious and worth more than precious gems. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Lucia! I can't wait to read your post to my children tonight. We adopted our sweet Israel last year and he is our little ball of light. Keep shining dear girl, God has given you a beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete