Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hearing God's Voice

    Summer is here and I have been enjoying it.  In June I spent a week at Bible Farm.  I met new friends and I really liked this one activity called Listening Tree.  We would spend time learning how to listen to God's voice and hear him in our lives.   One teaching was about how God has a special plan for each of our lives and I see how important it is to hear Him more than my feelings.

    I have continued to work on writing with my mom on my book about all of the things that happened to me before I was adopted.  I told my mom that I often have feelings of anger and I won't realize where it came from.   I see how important it is to listen to myself and be aware of these feelings so I can deal with it.

   I am spending time doing bible time with my brother Maxim too.  I listen to a bible app on my ipad and talk with Maxim about what we learn.   We have been taking notes on what God is doing in us.  For instance the other day God gave me a picture of
 a pastor and preaching to people about God's love.  I pray for many people.  I want to spend my life helping others who were abused to know that it's not their fault and to help them hear God's voice too.

   Writing my story is important to me.  It's not just my story because many children are still living in mental institutions and suffering.  I know some of these children have been adopted and if they don't know how to talk or are too scared, I hope my story will help them.  I hope it helps their adoptive parents to understand their child better too.


    Healing takes time.  I want to be happy all the time but sometimes memories come and I need to deal with them.  I want to see this for families where they understand the hidden pains.   My brothers do not deal with their memories and feelings the same as me.  For them they try not to think about it or try to keep busy playing to not feel it.  Everyone is different but they still feel.

    For me it is better to let my feelings out.  If I keep them in I will feel crazy.  I think God wants us to share our feelings with Him and with our family.  I learned everyone in my family has a story and we all need Jesus.

   It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.          Galatians 5:1

   So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:6-7

   I remind myself that I am not in the past.  I am new and its ok to have feelings but they don't control me.  I often think things are my fault and then I stop myself.  It's not my fault and I won't give power to that feeling.

    I hope if you are reading this that you will know God is with you all the time.  You are never alone.  God watched what happened to me and he knows what happened to you.  He heard us and He comes to help us.



Love is in the light,

Lucia

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us, sweet Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. You are so precious, Lucia!
    Love,
    Alla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words run true for everyone, regardless of the depth of their self-doubt. Evil can seep in and it's so important to face it and process it; to choose a healthier way. You are a beautiful young lady on the outside, but your spirit and desire to help others is especially wonderful. Keep shining, bright Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucia! Thank you for sharing your encouraging message. You are such a blessing. It was great to meet you tonight! Hope you have a happy weekend.

    Love,
    Sarah & Lynzie

    ReplyDelete