Friday, October 7, 2016

The Lord is my Strength

 My mom has been doing this fun activity with me and my brothers and sisters that has helped me to know the bible better.  She writes a bible verse on the white board and we say it together and then she erases one word at a time, and we say it again until no words are left. The other day I memorized,

The Lord is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Psalm 46:1

After we finished the lesson, we went to Amanda's house for horse lessons.  We each take turns while mom reads to the others in the van.  This time she is reading from Gideon about how God called Gideon to fight against the Midianites but he was afraid because he was the weakest one in his family.  He asked God to show him several signs because he wanted to be sure to do the right thing.

Right then, Amanda comes over to the van to say that she is selling their ranch and we were surprised.  We love to go there for horse.  My mom was quiet and soon she asked Amanda questions about the ranch.

My mom shared with Amanda about the vision we have for Grace Haven and pretty soon Amanda tells my mom that the land has always been used to minister to children.  Really amazing is that Amanda's mom had the same kind of vision for the land that mom and dad had written down for Grace Haven!  Even more exciting, Amanda would like to join us in ministry!
Soon, I see that we need God's help to know what to do next. He is our help and our strength. I reminded my mom of the verse we just learned in Psalms.  And I think we are like Gideon, we need signs to know what to do. 
I have great people who help me.  They have big hearts.

The next Monday that I went to horse, I wasn't as quiet. I was more excited to work and this time I worked not with the mini horse, but with the big horse.  I held the rope and I called to the horse using a loud voice. That is unusual for me.  I felt strong.
I think this is joy and what God gives and this is what I hope every child feels. I believe he is leading us into new exciting things coming up because I feel it inside of me.

To parents:  It really helped me when I could memorize bible verses.  It is good to hear the bible, but it is even better when I am by myself to be able to use verses I have in my heart.  If reading is hard or paying attention is hard like it is for me sometimes, then listening in song really helps.  

I have had it on my heart for hurting children to know God sees their heartache and that he hurt when he saw them hurt.  I also pray they do not blame God or their adoptive parents for the pain others gave to them.  

Love is in the light,

Lucia




2 comments:

  1. Lucia, I came across a blog post on facebook and I have just read every one of your blog posts. I work with abandoned and orphaned children in China. You are an inspiration and a tribute to your parents. God truly shines through you and I look forward to following your radiant future. I am sorry that you endured so much in your time in the orphanage. I will pray for you and your birth family as well as your new family and all those who were supposed to provide you with care in the Ukraine. If you are interested in what God is doing to help orphans in China, please ask your mum to read this blog post that I wrote about children just like you ... children that matter http://www.eagleswingschina.org/single-post/2016/12/30/Injecting-life-into-the-first-floor
    God bless you Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia you are indeed a beautiful light yourself! Your words are humble and true. You are doing God's work in sharing your story. Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete